[Diy_efi] OT: crappy ford expedition rotors?

Marcello A. Belloli mbelloli at speedymotorsports.com
Mon Feb 28 06:13:41 GMT 2005

Steve,
     What is the exact year of the Expedition, and 2 or 4 wheel drive?
There are many vehicles that come with rotors already at the min.
spec.  You simply cannot turn them.  You must replace them.  And many
cars, Volvo for one, that even though you could turn them you are
much better of replacing them.  We have a customer that came in on
Friday for an oil change, and I inspected his brakes.  He had 75k
miles on his brakes and then still had 75% of the meat at all four
wheels.  And if I'm remembering this right it was a ford expedition.
They were the original brakes!  I thought someone was playing a joke
on me.  I'll pull the exact specs tomorrow and post.  Ford was having
trouble with their brakes being undersize for a while.  96 Ford
explorer needing brakes every 15k miles was not uncommon.  The pad
size was just too small for the weight of the car.  I'll see if there
are any tech bulletins if you give me more info on the SUV.

Marcello