[Diy_efi] Low tech fuel injection system

Daniel Nicoson A6intruder at adelphia.net
Thu Jan 13 21:45:53 GMT 2005

My suggestion would be to use a LM556 chip (dual timer).  Pull down the data
sheet from Digi-Key.  You can use one for the timer's to create a variable
(or fixed) frequency pulse signal, the second timer can be made to vary the
pulse width.  You could vary the pulse width just by throttle position
(LOAD) and frequency could vary by the spark primary circuit frequency.  Use
the output of this LM556 circuit to drive one or more Darlington transistors
to turn on-off any number/style of fuel injectors.

Your parts cost of the above approaches $5.00 from Digi-Key or Radio Shack.
You will have to spend some time learning how to make that paragraph work
but it isn't as hard as it sounds.

Functionality of this system would be crude at best, but with a few
additional opamps, a $4.00 map sensor and possibly some other items you
might make a pretty functional analog FI system.

Keep us appraised, sounds like fun!

Dan Nicoson