[Diy_efi] Re: diy_efi Digest, Vol 16, Issue 21

Bill Washington bill.washington at nec.com.au
Mon Jan 24 23:05:01 GMT 2005

Charles,
    Have you tried disconnecting the fuel lines Tank to pump and pump to
regulator and forward and back flushing them -
Perhaps during the time stationary some algae/fungus/lichen decided the
fuel lines were a nice place to grow!
    I havent heard of this happening in a petrol vehicle but it
certainly can in diesels --- If the fuel drained out of part of the
system perhaps it became a cosy environment for some bugs!
You did say, I think, that you had to replace the fuel tank because it
had rusted out  - any water in the lines could have aided this process...
I would try with compressed air and perhaps even some sort of small
'pull through' a'la rifle barrel cleaning.

Just a thought...
Regards
Bill