[Diy_efi] Finding a suitable TBFI model...

dh at busb.com dh
Mon Jul 4 01:01:26 UTC 2005

Regarding the Mopars, didn't they also have turbo models that required more
flow?  Or was that a different technology, such as sequential?

The GM TBIs for smaller engines were for smaller output, such as the V6
models.  These have easier to find connectors for the position sensor.
Suggeset you change position sensor before use, common failure item.

dh

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lee M. Lemoine" <llemoine at gmail.com>
To: <diy_efi at diy-efi.org>
Sent: Sunday, July 03, 2005 1:27 PM
Subject: Re: [Diy_efi] Finding a suitable TBFI model...

Paul,  in the GM lineup, the earlier 2.2 liter would also be TBI --
If those designs don't strike your fancy, I'd suggest the Mopar 2.2 /
2.5 liter, some were TBI.  Again, 100 horsepower is a modest design
goal, but I'm trying to keep your TB in check with the displacement of
your engine.

Also, Toyota had some 1.6 / 1.8 liters back in the 80's, although i
believe they were MFI -- check the emissions labels out while your at
the scrapyard, it'll tell you what type of FI is on the engine!

--Lee

On 7/2/05, Paul Helmuth <PaulHelmuth at sprintmail.com> wrote:
> Steve,
>
> That sounds like a pretty good candidate. Thanks!
>
> I want a TB with injector(s) because that's where I want to deliver the
> fuel, and I presume that something that has been engineered as a whole
> package for approximate the same output should be relatively well suited.
>
> Thanks again. I'll post more when I get further along on the sourcing and
> installing the FI parts.
>
> -Paul

Sincerely,

Lee M. Lemoine