[Diy_efi] Greenfire re: Smart Plugs - anybody actually looked?

Bobby Yates Emory liberty1
Mon Jul 4 05:21:51 UTC 2005

Ernest,

If you had a product that did what they claim, would you have the store
shut-down or would you be accumulating a waiting list? I looked at their
website a month or so ago, and the store was shut down. I looked a few
minutes ago and it was still shut down.

I think the explanation was contained in the Sport Aviation article back in
the last century - 1999, "Part of the development of the SmartPlug has been
financed by a NASA small business innovative research (SBIR) contract." I
think this may have been a scam to get grant money.

If Sport Aviation has said this about your spark plugs,"
In a recent demonstration at NASA Glenn, a Continental 0-200 equipped with
SmartPlugs produced normal power on 87 octane and 100LL avgas and actually
picked up 75 rpm using Jet-A with no visible exhaust emissions." - would you
not be selling those plugs - six years later. They just said these plugs let
you burn kerosene with an increase in power. That is the engineering
equivalent of walking on water.

In 2002 they had them on the market:<
http://www.smartplugs.com/news/aeronews0502.htm>

But now they don't - something is fishy.

Lots of press releases until 10 - 2003 but nothing since.

I'm sending the head of the company a copy - maybe he'll clear this up.

I hope I missed something - I want a set also.

Bobby

On 7/4/05, Ernest Buckler <ebuckler at icehouse.net> wrote:

> Have any of you guys who are still talking about Greenfire actually looked
> at the Smart Plugs site? Or do you think I've just been bullshitting?
> Then you'll REALLY have something to talk about...Multi-fuel capable AND
> no
> distributor AND lots newer data than Greenfire AND the same kind of nose
> ports and flow questions only more so...
>
> Ernie

Toward freedom,

Bobby Yates Emory