[Diy_efi] Introduction of a Newbie

thecircusb0y thecircusb0y
Mon Jul 4 16:54:05 UTC 2005

Whats shaken?
    My names Chris, and I came across this mailing list while looking
for ways to tune my car. I own a 1994 Pontiac Grand Prix, with a V6
3100. I'm currently at a community college getting a Computer Systems
and Networking degree, took me awhile to finally decide on computer
science for when I transfer out of this town, and somewhere here in New
York State.
     I've been looking and have found alot of sites, but I'm still
reading more. What I'd like to do, but I'm not sure if I can, is
interface my laptop with the car, and tune it from there. I'd also like
to learn what I would need to reprogram the cars ECM to handle a HM-282
trans axle and possibly a turbo later on down the line. Though I'll need
to know what language they use to program these bad boys, and what
equipment I need to read and write to them. So far all the sites I find
are for LS1's and all the sports cars of GM. Sometimes I wonder if it'd
be easier to goto OBD-II, but i know that would be a pain in the ass,
and would probably be easier to do an l67 swap into the car, but I want
to stick to my v6 3100 and be the underdog that believes this engine can
not only be a reliable daily drive, but a powerhouse on the track.
I was hoping that if I spoke to human beings someone could set me
straight and help me out in understanding all of this, I'm pretty die
hard in learning to do it yourself. I hope I can contribute anything I
know to this mailing list also. Thanks alot for takin the time to read
this and i'm hopin for some replies.

-Christopher Barnum