[Diy_efi] Rochester TBI on a Boat

David Allen davida1
Tue Jul 5 03:32:37 UTC 2005

> Terrific
>
> I have a carbed Mercruiser Chev I-6 in my boat and a spare 12244747 and
> 4.3 TBI to play with.
>
> Is your distributor a standard 6 cyl HEI or something different?

  It's a standard 6-cyl small-cap HEI.  It was part of the EFI setup I
removed from the astro-van.  Any HEI dist would work as long as you are
aware of needing a screw-down cap to maintin "ingition-protected" status.
  Other than the dual-loop fuel system with the accumulator, it was a direct
bolt-on swap.  It ran pretty much fine without any re-tuning but after
tweaking it it has better drivability.
  What kind of boat do you have?
David