[Diy_efi] Introduction of a Newbie

thecircusb0y thecircusb0y
Tue Jul 5 06:02:44 UTC 2005

I thought that the 3100 used the same block as the 3.1. Do you know if
its just the bolts, and if it may be possible to make an adapter
plate?.hmm, this is going to set me back, i didn't want to do any engine
swaps, but I also kinda realized, if I can build another engine, and
bolt the 5spd onto it outside of the car, then i can do the swap nice
and easy without losing my car for a long time. Do you know if its just
the bolts, and if it may be possible to make an adapter plate?

Shoot, if i did that, I wouldn't be a3100 underdog. and if i did change,
would I really want to go with a 3.1 or up to a 3.4 dohc, and deal with
timing belt issues. an l67 would kill the 5spd transmission too.
Decisions, Decisions.
Then again, theres alot more on the 3.1 as far as documentation, and
parts. Hell, it's already been made with a turbo.
Was the 2.8 the engine which had a 5spd bolted up to it stock?

Sorry for the displacement of thoughts without organization, Its 2am,
and i can't get to sleep, and I start my new job in 6 hours. I'm
completely scared shitless.