[Diy_efi] wide band O2's

Mike niche
Wed Jul 6 09:51:03 UTC 2005

At 11:46 AM 7/6/05, you wrote:
>--- gary <gas- at charter.net> wrote:
>
>> As I understand it, WB controller (analog) circuitry
>> that relies on a sensor calibration resistor without
>> manual calibration, does not allow for sensor
>> outputs as they drift over time/use.
>
>Why would output drift over time, assuming a given
>temperature of operation?

All sensors are subject to drift, electrochemical effects
like tunnelling etc plus the obvious poisoning...

>> The sensors drift, but the calibration resistor
>> stays the same.  I question the accuracy over
>> time/use.
>
>Again, though, you have to have something to calibrate
>it with.  What would you use to calibrate a sensor?

A reference cell.

In other words a sensor specifically designed to be a stable
reference, ideal if it were traceable to a NATA equivalent.

Regards from

Mike Massen
Perth, Western Australia
VL Commodore Fuse Rail that wont warp or melt !
http://niche.iinet.net.au