[Diy_efi] wide band O2's

Adam Wade espresso_doppio
Wed Jul 6 17:24:32 UTC 2005

--- WopOnTour <wopontour at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Here is an interesting article on  WBO2 calibration
> from the Bruce & Al at Megasquirt
> http://www.msefi.com/msinfo/PWC/

Ah, it makes more sense to me now.  I can see where a
digital circuit would allow a great deal more
flexibility.  And I can also see where controlling
overshoot would be of interest to those who are using
a simulated narrow-band signal for closed-loop
operation.

Still, it does not appear that either A) what a
digital setup can do cannot be done by an analog
setup, it just might take a little more design effort,
B) that for use as a human-observed meter it really
makes no significant difference whether there are
overshoot transients, and C) that digital is not "more
precise", it is just easier to get a "clean" reading
under a wider variety of conditions using software
than analog hardware.

THAT makes sense.  :)

| 82 Honda CX500 Turbo (Cassandra)  90 Kwak Zephyr 550 (Daphne) |
| M/C Fuel Inj. Hndbk. @ Amazon.com -  http://tinyurl.com/6o3ze |