[Diy_efi] wide band O2's

Brian McMahan BMcMahan
Wed Jul 6 12:39:22 UTC 2005

PLX widebands utilize the latest digital PID and DSP technologies to
maximize o2 sensor reaction time and accuracy without compromising
overshoot, and slow settling response time. This technology is coupled
with advanced self sensor calibration circuitry and sensor soft start to
both prolong the life of your oxygen sensor as well as eliminating any
user intervention for manual sensor calibration. PLX widebands may be
used and installed in your vehicle permanently.

This was taken directly from their website for further info pleas refer
to www.plxdevices.com <http://www.plxdevices.com/>

As a matter of fact I'm going to call them today and see what they have
to say about the automatic calibration.

________________________________

From: diy_efi-bounces at diy-efi.org [mailto:diy_efi-bounces at diy-efi.org]
On Behalf Of gary
Sent: Wednesday, July 06, 2005 8:31 AM
To: diy_efi at diy-efi.org
Subject: Re: [Diy_efi] wide band O2's

> There's always an easy way to check....

Yes, the 'free air' reference from another post.

Brian, with sensor 'drift' a normal characteristic of WB sensors,

(especially in performance environments), I question the solution

to the problem, when free air test shows sensor drift, and analog

circuitry unable to provide for manual (re)calibration.

Gary