[Diy_efi] WBO2 and AFR

Adam Wade espresso_doppio
Thu Jul 7 04:14:35 UTC 2005

--- Adam Wade <espresso_doppio at yahoo.com> wrote:

> NBO2 sensors center at lambda=1 for gasoline, but
> not for anything else (AFAIK).

I corrected myself in the following post to the list.
They read lambda for all fuels.  However, the further
you move away from lambda, the sketchier your results
get, as I understand it; not all fuels will behave the
same way with the same lambda, and some may leave more
residual oxygen than others at the same lambda (for
values of lambda != 1).  And of course, the less of
the available combustible mixture you burn, the more
O2 there will be in the exhaust, meaning a leaner
reading, even when lambda has not actually changed...

| 82 Honda CX500 Turbo (Cassandra)  90 Kwak Zephyr 550 (Daphne) |
| M/C Fuel Inj. Hndbk. @ Amazon.com -  http://tinyurl.com/6o3ze |