[Diy_efi] WBO2 and AFR

Adam Wade espresso_doppio
Thu Jul 7 18:31:16 UTC 2005

--- "Fehn, Ron G" <RFEHN at amfam.com> wrote:

> no cat. no emmishions stuff.  1984 vette with 7747
> and TBI.  would it idle better a bit richer in CL?
> 224/230 @ .05 114 LSA. i had it at 14.3 in .bin for
> a while and recently moved back to 14.7.

People who are more familiar with the 747 can probably
answer better than I, but...

If you are running closed-loop at idle, you'd probably
have an easier time tuning it yourself if you forced
open loop running there and shot for about 5-6% CO as
your target (assuming you can get the car to a CO
sniffer somewhere while you manipulate the idle bin).

For cruise, I would tend to suggest running lean of
stoich with a fair amoung of EGR and timing advance,
if you can make that happen.  This should give you
best economy at cruise, assuming you are not worried
about emissions.

| 82 Honda CX500 Turbo (Cassandra)  90 Kwak Zephyr 550 (Daphne) |
| M/C Fuel Inj. Hndbk. @ Amazon.com -  http://tinyurl.com/6o3ze |