[Diy_efi] WBO2 and AFR

Fehn, Ron G RFEHN
Thu Jul 7 18:55:11 UTC 2005

thanks.  i will be working on the timing as soon as paint dries.  i
played around with it a bit at idle/off idle to see result.  initial
tune has KC at about 3600rpm and 40-50 map so pulledout 2 deg and it
went away.  no KC now for a year.  will run a few more aggressive SA
tables and see how it responds.

-----Original Message-----
From: diy_efi-bounces at diy-efi.org [mailto:diy_efi-bounces at diy-efi.org]
On Behalf Of Adam Wade
Sent: Thursday, July 07, 2005 1:31 PM
To: diy_efi at diy-efi.org
Subject: RE: [Diy_efi] WBO2 and AFR

--- "Fehn, Ron G" <RFEHN at amfam.com> wrote:

> no cat. no emmishions stuff.  1984 vette with 7747
> and TBI.  would it idle better a bit richer in CL?
> 224/230 @ .05 114 LSA. i had it at 14.3 in .bin for
> a while and recently moved back to 14.7.

People who are more familiar with the 747 can probably
answer better than I, but...

If you are running closed-loop at idle, you'd probably
have an easier time tuning it yourself if you forced
open loop running there and shot for about 5-6% CO as
your target (assuming you can get the car to a CO
sniffer somewhere while you manipulate the idle bin).

For cruise, I would tend to suggest running lean of
stoich with a fair amoung of EGR and timing advance,
if you can make that happen.  This should give you
best economy at cruise, assuming you are not worried
about emissions.

| 82 Honda CX500 Turbo (Cassandra)  90 Kwak Zephyr 550 (Daphne) |
| M/C Fuel Inj. Hndbk. @ Amazon.com -  http://tinyurl.com/6o3ze |

If you do not want to receive future unsolicited commercial email
advertisements or promotions from American Family you may opt-out
by visiting the following website:
<https://www3.dncsolution.com/SSL/DNESolution/OptOutCode/OptOut.aspx?el=5 >
Note: After opting-out, you may receive emails that you have
specifically requested from American Family.  If you are a current
American Family customer, you may still receive transactional emails
regarding your existing policies or accounts with American Family.
American Family Mutual Insurance Company and its affiliates utilize
the PossibleNow DNESolution to administer this email opt-out process.