[Diy_efi] MEMCAL Swap

Joel difo8778
Tue Jul 26 23:02:15 UTC 2005

Hello,

I have an interesting question you guys might have an idea
about.

The early 90's Lotus Esprit Turbo runs ECM #1228707 or
1228708.  The only difference between the two is the outter
casing.

The 2.3 liter Quad 4 W41 runs the same ECM.

The engines share very similar flow capabilities, a DIS
setup, and same firing order.  I have yet to locate the cam
profile information for the lotus engine, but the engines
basically share the same redline.  I have not looked into
whether there are adaptability issues with the injectors
either.

Because the cars were both produced as a GM and share the
same ECM, and MEMCAL format, is there any luck in the Lotus
MEMCAL being a viable option for tuning an aftermarket turbo
setup on a Quad 4 W41?

I have a burner, UV eraser, and I'm teaching myself TunerPro
RT in case of any tweaking that will probably need to be
applied.

Thanks for reading,

-Joel