[Diy_efi] EGT

Mike niche
Wed Jun 1 09:22:06 UTC 2005

At 04:35 PM 1/06/05, you wrote:
>shouldnt EGT probes located before the TC?

The exhaust manifold for the Nissan RB30ET   (6cyl 3L turbo)
has a location plug about 2" from the exhaust of cyl 6 that might
not be so easy for Praga - maybe it can be derived at valve end.

Its clearly best  to measure EGT before the turbo for
obvious reasons, I have seen one other setup with a probe
after the turbo, in that case I think the owner was worried
about melting another cat rather than the turbo. I guess you
could make a rough guess what the exh temp might be
if you know well enough what it is after the turbo and a
reasonable guess as to how much loss of temp occurs
through turbo for a particular flow,

Mike