[Diy_efi] Link for greenfire spark plugs...

Adam Wade espresso_doppio
Wed Jun 8 16:40:04 UTC 2005

--- Mike <niche at iinet.net.au> wrote:

> Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't the charge get
> there by virtue of the piston rising and pushing it
> in on each stroke ?

If there was a hole in the "prechamber" with
atmospheric pressure behind it, sure.  Since there's
not, the "prechamber" sees the same pressure as the
rest of the combustion chamber.  The only entry path
is through diffusion, as near as I can tell from their
few pictures.

In fact, I can't quite see how it would function at
all, assuming their description and patent
application's diagram are correct.  Simple
stratified-charge engines (of a similar design to what
they claim for this plug) operate by injecting fuel
into the prechamber directly; here; the prechamber has
limited contact with the "outside world", and only
what diffuses in through the holes will be inside the
"prechamber"; by all indications, this would be a
fairly lean mixture, well diluted with exhaust gases
from the previous combustion cycle.

As I said, I'd be more than happy to test a set and
see what is going on.  Without having a plug actually
in my hands to examine, I'm just going on the
technical double-talk, unbased (and possibly
unmeasured) claims, and the tiny handful of images
available on their website.

| 82 Honda CX500 Turbo (Cassandra)  90 Kwak Zephyr 550 (Daphne) |
| M/C Fuel Inj. Hndbk. @ Amazon.com -  http://tinyurl.com/6o3ze |