[Diy_efi] Link for greenfire spark plugs...

Rick McLeod dunvegan
Wed Jun 8 17:31:30 UTC 2005

I'm speculating here, but is it possible that the
exhaust stroke would create a small vacuum in the
chamber, into which the inflow mixture could then flow
a small amount into the chamber by that vacuum. It
might be enough to stratify the chamber and ignite,
this is a very intersting topic to say the least.

Just fuel for thought.

--- Adam Wade <espresso_doppio at yahoo.com> wrote:
> --- Mike <niche at iinet.net.au> wrote:
>
> > Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't the charge
> get
> > there by virtue of the piston rising and pushing
> it
> > in on each stroke ?
>
> If there was a hole in the "prechamber" with
> atmospheric pressure behind it, sure.  Since there's
> not, the "prechamber" sees the same pressure as the
> rest of the combustion chamber.  The only entry path
> is through diffusion, as near as I can tell from
> their
> few pictures.

snipped the rest