[Diy_efi] Link for greenfire spark plugs...

Adam Wade espresso_doppio
Thu Jun 9 06:58:27 UTC 2005

--- Mike <niche at iinet.net.au> wrote:

> Although you may interpret the small flow through
> the holes as "diffusion" it isnt technically correct
> at all to call it that - the pressure in that region
> of the plug is not static, therefore there is flow.

Except the vast majority of the volume of "empty
space" in the tip of the plug is between combustion
chamber and sparking electrode.  The suggestion was
made that the mixture would be "pushed through" the
"empty space", which of course it cannot be; and
despite the compression of the end gases inside the
"empty space", I doubt very much that by the time
combustion occurs, especially at higher engine speeds,
the now-compacted "plug" of end gases surrounding the
sparking electrodes will support combustion by itself.
 Since it's a "blind" hole, there is no real mechanism
for the mixing of the end gases and the intake charge
except for...

...diffusion.  Like I said.

> Its quite easy to see how you dont understand how it
> functions if you are attached to the notion of the
> only path being "diffusion" - clearly its not...

Perhaps you can explain how it is "easy to see".  Once
again, you've left a bit of a put-down without posting
anything factual to back it up; if I'm "wrong", great,
but at least explain yourself if you're going to throw
around 'accusations'.  Certainly there must have been
a less smug-sounding way of claiming that the device works.

| 82 Honda CX500 Turbo (Cassandra)  90 Kwak Zephyr 550 (Daphne) |
| M/C Fuel Inj. Hndbk. @ Amazon.com -  http://tinyurl.com/6o3ze |