[Diy_efi] Link for greenfire spark plugs...

Bernd Felsche bernie
Thu Jun 9 07:15:22 UTC 2005

On Thursday 09 June 2005 13:46, Geoff Harrison wrote:
> Bernd, Like I said, I'll stick to conventional plugs. IE I'm not
> convinced.

I wasn't responding to you in particular. more the merchandising
aspects.

> As for the cancer scare tactics, I'm not convinced that used
> engine oil is bad for the skin. I might be wrong, still don't have
> skin cancer on my 52 y/o hands which have been regularly dosed
> with used engine oil for 35 years. If the skin starts falling off,
> I'll let you know.

Would you buy a motor oil that's marketed as containing less of a
particular carcinogen? Would you think through what other stuff is
replacing the removed carcinogen?

> I haven't looked into the specs for the test standards, I assumed
> they were related to stationary engines, still a boring way of
> moving one self.

> The patent application is dated mid 90's. And they don't have any
> commercially available units.
> So the idea is 10 years old, and not on the shelves. Strange.

One can patent just about anything. It doesn't have to work or be
practical.

Patent offices are littered with Patents based on flawed ideas.
They will never work because one or more assumption made by the
inventor is wrong.