[Diy_efi] 2-5 min relay

Daniel R. Nicoson A6intruder
Mon Jun 13 19:37:33 UTC 2005

Jim,

I don't know right off about relays with timers, but here is my usual first
stop for 555 timer info.  They have a nice calculator on there for figuring
out the time parameters on 555's.  This link and you can pull down data
sheets from Digi-key for any 555 you want to use.

http://home.cogeco.ca/~rpaisley4/LM555.html

I played with it a minute, a 10 megohm resistor with a 300 uF capacitor will
give you 330 seconds pulse with a monostable 555 circuit.  I've never played
with that long a pulse length, you'd want to test those values to make sure
the 555 likes working with those parameters. (that's a very low current and
large capacitor compared to what I use for my projects)

Have fun,
Dan Nicoson

  -----Original Message-----
  From: diy_efi-bounces at diy-efi.org [mailto:diy_efi-bounces at diy-efi.org]On
Behalf Of Jim Butterfield
  Sent: Monday, June 13, 2005 3:05 PM
  To: diy_efi at diy-efi.org
  Subject: [Diy_efi] 2-5 min relay

  Hey I need to hook up a switch for my cooling fans so that when at races
in cool down lanes I can leave the fans on longer than what the pcm wants...
BUT I dont want just a switch... I have a crap memory and one time I will
leave it on till the battery is dead... any ideas of a relay out there that
can handle 30-60 amps and has built in timer??? Or does anyone have a circut
diagram of a small package 555 timer that I can have a pot on it for
adjustabliltty to let the 555 enable the fan realy???

  thx

  http://mail.yahoo.com