[Diy_efi] Timing Calculations

cobraman at insightbb.com cobraman
Wed Jun 15 14:01:39 UTC 2005

With a 60 tooth wheel, aren't we measuring RPM 60 times per revolution?
(weighted average of last x measurements? where x is < 10).  I would think we
could measure the crank acceleration - maybe even the crank harmonics.

Engines under rapid acceleration (1-2 gear) can use several deg. more advance
than under slow acceleration conditions (3-4 gear), hence the old retard
switch.

With the current processing power available, we should almost be real time with
our calculations.   TomS