[Diy_efi] 2-5 min relay

Jim Butterfield jimbutterfield
Wed Jun 15 15:48:16 UTC 2005

Id very interested in the diagram... Its been too long since I worked with R/C time constants and circut design... I work with electroncis in the semi industry, but when comm board or drive  board is bad, we pull the board and put new in.. no comonet replacment for us... thanks for you offer...

jim

Paul B <bidmeadp at iinet.net.au> wrote:
a simple r/c into a fet to swithch the relay/s is all i use for mine with a push button to start them but you could hook the original fan control to the input and if the module turns the fans on then this thing passes the signal through and have a switch to enable the "long time turn off"

i could find the circuit if ur interested

Paul Bidmead
BidSpec

----- Original Message -----
From: Daniel R. Nicoson
To: diy_efi at diy-efi.org
Sent: Tuesday, June 14, 2005 3:37 AM
Subject: RE: [Diy_efi] 2-5 min relay

Jim,

I don't know right off about relays with timers, but here is my usual first stop for 555 timer info.  They have a nice calculator on there for figuring out the time parameters on 555's.  This link and you can pull down data sheets from Digi-key for any 555 you want to use.

http://home.cogeco.ca/~rpaisley4/LM555.html

I played with it a minute, a 10 megohm resistor with a 300 uF capacitor will give you 330 seconds pulse with a monostable 555 circuit.  I've never played with that long a pulse length, you'd want to test those values to make sure the 555 likes working with those parameters. (that's a very low current and large capacitor compared to what I use for my projects)

Have fun,

Dan Nicoson