[Diy_efi] Newb tuner

Daniel R. Nicoson A6intruder
Fri Jun 17 00:11:25 UTC 2005

My $.02,

What you really want is full control over your ECU.  Not always possible
depending on your model car.  Without control of the spark tables and fuel
tables & other variables, you will have a lot of compromises.  Some of the
compromises you won't even know about.

I'm spoiled because I have full control of my Mustang ECU and can data log
all the parameters I want.

So yes, you can tune with just a WB that data logs, but you won't be tuning
much - fuel pressure, maybe twist a dizzy (not many late models have a dizzy
anymore). ?? What's there to "tune" if you don't have control of the ECU?  I
don't think the G-Meter is absolutely needed depends on what you're goals
are.

What make-model are you wanting to tune?

Dan Nicoson