[Diy_efi] Air/Fuel meter now working! And L-jetronic

James Seabolt turbofiat
Fri Jun 17 11:13:42 UTC 2005

At 06:58 PM 6/16/05, you wrote:
>\
> > --- Astrona <amdcpu at hot.ee> wrote:
> > > With NA engine and L-jet we also know only the flow
> > > and not the real density.
> > NA L-Jet applications have an AAP and an AAT sensor
> > (sometimes the AAT sensor is inside the VAF), from
> > which the ECU determines the density of the air.
>Have you seen pressure sensor in L-Jets? I haven't heard!

My L-jet version does not have any sort of manifold pressure sensor. it
does have an oxygen sensor.

Basically the system runs off excess fuel pressure as boost rises. I figure
as soon as the turbo kicks in, the flap in the air flow meter slams wide
open so the injectors are at their maximum duty cycle. Then the fuel
pressure regulator takes over.

I doubt I could do any better with a programmable fuel injection system at
the boost I run. The dyno said I was making 123HP at the wheels. I believe
this car originally made around 80 HP at the wheels.

If I figure in the drivetrain lose, I've went from 102 BHP to around 154
BHP. And 7# of boost should give me a 50% increase in HP and torque.

Interesting is that the first generation Honda S2000 makes over 220HP but
just slightly more torque than my Spider. But I don't have to rev it as
high to make as much power! And for allot less money!

James Seabolt
Tennessee, United States
Homepage --->>> http://users.chartertn.net/jseabolt/

2003 Subaru Baja
1980 FIAT 2000 "turbo" Spider
1968 Ford Fairlane 500 (Not a Ford Galaxie!!)
1987 Yugo GV 1500cc also turbocharged