[Diy_efi] Some basic TPI questions

Steve Ravet Steve.Ravet
Fri Mar 11 06:09:15 UTC 2005

I always recommend the swap manuals from www.jagsthatrun.com.  Plus the
factory service manual for the vette from www.helm.com.  It's invaluable
for wiring and troubleshooting.

> Questions
>
> What is best way short of a rock valley tank to deal with the
> fuel scavenging that might happen with the stock sending unit
> setup I am planning?  Is there a simple approach to
> accomplish the needs here?

tank from an EFI car that fits your car?  not very likely I guess.  I
found a company once that would refurbish damaged tanks, someone like
that could probably add a baffle to yours.  Google should turn up
something for you.

> Recommendations on fuel lines to get from stock lines on
> frame rail to TPI ? just regular old braided lines?   Should

I'm swapping a vortec 350 into an old Monte Carlo.  I'm reusing the
pickup lines as much as possible.  Thought about hose all the way but
seems tacky plus would cost a lot.

> I redo the high pressure line with a threaded type connection
> instead of clamp due to higher fuel pressures? I have only

I would say yes.  TBI used clamps, did TPI?

> Car will be 4spd, AC/ PS / PB, all orig, but I assume that
> due to bracketry, I?ll go with sort style compressor.
>
> What else???

make sure your computer has a manual cal, not an auto cal.

--steve