[Diy_efi] Some basic TPI questions

michaelp.h at charter.net michaelp.h
Thu Mar 10 16:59:50 UTC 2005

I?m looking for some advice and an indication if I?m on the right track. I?m putting a 1991 corvette engine into my 67 camaro on a tight budget, here is what I think I need to do. If anyone can suggest a good book for this swap or sees anything I am missing, please let me know.  I know, ?on a tight budget? and any auto stuff rarely go hand in hand, but I?m giving this the ebay try.

I have a 69 camaro dual line sending unit, plan to retrofit a later model in-tank pump onto this setup. I will plumb a larger (big block) fuel line to carry fuel, leave the original as a return. I think this takes care of fuel delivery.

Painless wiring and 1227730 ECM with programming to match engine w/ headers (unless camaro manifolds are a better choice, but I don?t think so). I?ll add an O-2 bung onto the collector pipe for the O-2 sensor. Planning to use the stock corvette distributor w/ integrated coil.

I assume I am missing a couple relays for power and fuel pump, plan to go w/ 1991 serpentine belt setup and electric fan.  I have the harness on its way, so I?ll see what kind of paperwork it comes with??.

Questions

What is best way short of a rock valley tank to deal with the fuel scavenging that might happen with the stock sending unit setup I am planning?  Is there a simple approach to accomplish the needs here?
Recommendations on fuel lines to get from stock lines on frame rail to TPI ? just regular old braided lines?   Should I redo the high pressure line with a threaded type connection instead of clamp due to higher fuel pressures? I have only played with carb setups, so this is new to me.
Throttle linkage ? is there a stock early model cabled linkage that will work for this?

Car will be 4spd, AC/ PS / PB, all orig, but I assume that due to bracketry, I?ll go with sort style compressor.

What else???

Thanks in advance,

Michael Holmans
North Richland Hills TX