[Diy_efi] ECM for 1990 Nissan 240

Govender, Praga MMC-NSP praga.govender
Mon Mar 21 07:25:59 UTC 2005

Hi

Can I get a link to the website for Midnight Bullets ?

Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: diy_efi-bounces at diy-efi.org [mailto:diy_efi-bounces at diy-efi.org]
Sent: Monday, March 21, 2005 6:02 AM
To: diy_efi at diy-efi.org
Subject: RE: [Diy_efi] ECM for 1990 Nissan 240

Chipping the Ka24de ecu is actually not that difficult. It requires a
daughterboard soldered inn on the existing 40pin header inside the ecu and a
jumper on the back of the main board moved to force the ecu to read from the
daughterboard instead of the on board versatile rom chip.
This allows you to edit the code and burn it to an eprom, or rather a set of
eproms since the KA ecu is 16 bit.
Both eproms get programmed with the same code and the ecu reads the even
data from one chip and the odd data from the other..
The daughterboard I am currently using in a friends 240sx allows 4 different
binaries that can be switched between on the fly.

We are just in the process of re-mapping his car since he installed at turbo
and intercooler on it.