[Diy_efi] Ford 460

Daniel Bal danl.bal3
Wed Mar 23 05:08:18 UTC 2005

Hi guys,
I have recently built a Ford 460 with AL Cobra Jet Heads, Crane
hydraulic roller cam, etc. It is in a '91 F150 and the cam is 1500-5000
RPM.   Right now I am running a Demon 750 vacuum secondary.  I would
like to switch to EFI and will probably build a Megasquirt and fab my
own fuel rails.  Here is my question, what is the best intake to use?
Most every aftermarket EFI setup I read about in the magazines (Muscle
Mustang, Hot Rod, etc.) use a single plane intake.  Wouldn't intake
selection still depend on your RPM range?  I realize the airflow is now
dry and there are no more fuel puddling issues, however that is not the
only reason to use a dual plane for bottom end torque.  Anyone have any
thoughts about this?

Daniel Bal