[Diy_efi] Honda NTK sensor question

Oolan Zimmer ozimmer
Thu Mar 24 17:00:35 UTC 2005

At 11:06 PM 3/22/2005, you wrote:

>I recently bought a NTK 5-wire sensor for a Honda online. The wires for
>the L1H1 are black, white, red, yellow, and orange. The sensor I got
>(which looks identical to the picture of the L1H1 sensor as the same 7-pin
>connector, but the wiring is black, white, gray, yellow, and light-blue.
>Is this the same sensor, and will it work with the wideband controller?

They may have changed the wire colors.  If it's the right sensor, though,
the connector will be the same.

Since you are the only one with this sensor, only you can figure out if it
will work with the controller. It should have a Sumitomo connector, and the
pin positions should match up.  There should be two extra pins for the
calibration resistor that's embedded in the connector.  If the pin
positions match up, then it's worth a try.  Don't rely on its output until
you make sure it's working and accurate.

Oolan Zimmer
ozimmer at softhome.net