[Diy_efi] coil per cylinder on a smallblock project

Steve Ravet Steve.Ravet
Tue May 3 21:15:13 UTC 2005

________________________________

	From: diy_efi-bounces at diy-efi.org
[mailto:diy_efi-bounces at diy-efi.org] On Behalf Of Robert Fleming
	Sent: Tuesday, May 03, 2005 2:17 PM
	To: diy_efi at diy-efi.org
	Subject: [Diy_efi] coil per cylinder on a smallblock project

	I've posted this to the gmecm mailing list, but I'm statring to
think that maybe this is more of the diy-efi area...

	I've got a vortec 350 smallblock with an lt1 intake with 2002
ls1 gm coilpacks, ecm, and harness that hopefully will all be running
together soon.

	I'm attempting to make this ecm control the engine but the only
hold up is the crank and cam position sensor.   For those of you
unfamiliar with the vortec crank sensor, it goes behind the timing chain
cover and is a ring with 4 teeth and the cam sensor has 2 teeth.  The
ls1 has a 2 24 tooth sheetmetal rings that are the opposite of each
other (high on one side, low on the other, picture at
http://www.gmgoodwrench.com/perfpartsjsp/partlist.jsp?cat=9283&section=e
p half way down the page.)

Robert, try to post in plain text if possible.

Where is the LS1 wheel mounted, and can you use it on your engine?
Maybe attached to the balancer?  I haven't seen a wheel like that before
and it's not immediately clear to me exactly how the magnetic circuit
works.

I'm curious about your truck...  What class is it and where are you
going to run it?

--steve