[Diy_efi] OBD II cable "

David Cooley n5xmt
Tue May 10 17:28:48 UTC 2005

considering 99% of all otrher scantools are $500 to several thousand
dollars, yes...  for what it does, whic includes enhanced codes and the
ability to format your own messages to the PCM etc, the ability to talk to
most ABS, air bag etc modules and the fact that for 240.00 you can get ALL
OBD-II data formats plus CAN bus, it is dirt cheap.

  _____

From: diy_efi-bounces at diy-efi.org [mailto:diy_efi-bounces at diy-efi.org] On
Behalf Of Bobby Yates Emory
Sent: Tuesday, May 10, 2005 1:01 PM
To: diy_efi at diy-efi.org
Subject: Re: [Diy_efi] OBD II cable "

David,

Please pardon a newbie type question.

You said inexpensive.  The lowest price I saw was $122.  Was that what you
meant by inexpensive?

Thanks,
Bobby

On 5/6/05, David Cooley <n5xmt at bellsouth.net> wrote:

You have to have the software that is made for the specific cable you use...
Nothing is a pin to pin connection, it all takes hardware in the cable to
translate the OBD-II protocols to Serial...
http://www.obd-2.com/
Has a great setup, inexpensive and software is always free.

Toward freedom,

Bobby Yates Emory