[Diy_efi] Introduction

Rick McLeod dunvegan
Mon May 23 15:17:05 UTC 2005

Welcome, if you're looking for a programmer then my
suggestion would be call SuperChips in Longwood, FL,
they do good work; you may find others, but read on.

Most of the folks on this board are DoItYourselfers!
They are more than willing to offer advise (and good
at that) but this is a do it yourself world.

Now, if you plan to keep the ride I recommend you get
involved w/ tunning your own ecm, doesn't take much, a
computer, some relatively easy to locate software, an
eprom burner & eraser (or use EEproms), and you're
good to go. Obviously from the postings you're quite
capable so get with it, having someone else burn chips
for you is like sending your AFB to someone to adjust,
then putting it back on the car and testing. By doing
it yourself, you're in control! (and in the long run
results will be better and much less expensive)

Otherwise, the conversion looks decent, you're off to
a great start.

BTW, (Off-topic) the Bonny could use a big fat stab to
correct some of that fierce body roll, but that's
another board.

Good luck, hope you stay on the path of self
gratification, otherwise known as DIY!