[Diy_efi] Starting and Charging CS Vs. SI

David Allen davida1
Wed Nov 2 05:21:00 UTC 2005

> hi david,,,, thisss is buck,, couldd upleases seand me thae schemaatici u
> descraivee forthe S1,,, thankssss buck,

  Sure thing- Here goes... See link below.  Remember the diode is a "check
valve" for electricity and it is very important that the painted end faces
towards the alternator.
  The advantage of this over going with a true "one wire" alternator is the
delayed turn-on.  One-wire alternators require some high revs to start
charging. There are situations where the engine may never exceed this
critical speed in off-highway applications. This circuit will make sure the
alternator excites up even if the engine is never raised above idle.
Later,
David

http://home.hiwaay.net/~davida1/temp/delco_si.jpg -High res for printing
http://home.hiwaay.net/~davida1/temp/delco_si2.jpg -Low res - whole picture