[Diy_efi] Starting and Charging CS Vs. SI

Buck Williams buckwill33
Wed Nov 2 03:46:03 UTC 2005

thankssss ,, ivee been doaing delco conversiaons for weldersss with
magnesatoes for years to repalce thosee incrediblyy espsensisve motorolaa,
with built in reauglulator delco 10s1 and 27s1 ,, alsso jeeps for the same
re3ason,  i also like the chrysellr alternator for the ease of wiring
integrataioton ,, but i usually usedd a starterrr or headlihtt solenoid to
isolatee thatt problemantic feedback to the ignition,,, but i am familiar
with diodesss, also used them lotss to rebuildd  battery chargersssss,,,,,,,
amaziang how many get thrown awayyyy when those old plate gemanium diodes go
bad,, ,, build fulll or hasf wave rectifieer,, stick it on a heat sisnk,,
bang, pow,,, got a battery charger,, on the oldd ones,,, the old serviceeee
statioan ones,, the germaniiuam was ussuallly what burned out,, one orr tow
plates was susfficient to shut them down, pull it down,,, throw out that
ancientt germaniummmm stack, full or half wave and maybee a fan cooler, back
in businesss, anyway,,,,, thanks, ill ad dthiss to my library, buck, ,,
dangg thatss SI not s1 hunh??,,,anwasy, thankssss buck,