[Diy_efi] Audi EFI conversion?

Ernest Buckler ebuckler
Thu Nov 3 02:52:57 UTC 2005

Ernie here, long time lurker, owner of EFI motorcycles and a couple of Audis
('86 5000, and '89 200 Turbo 2wd) that I'm thinking really need EFI to
replace the messy K-Jetronic constant-flow stuff.  I have a small machine &
welding shop, thus can make brackets, drill  & tap ports and holes, etc.
I'd really like to be able to build a fuel map on a PC, datalog, etc., even
tho I know v. little about the process - but figure I've gotta start
somewhere, eh?

Without a Search Engine for group archives, I'm lost; can anyone direct me
to info on converting an Audi CIS system to EFI, if anyone has done this?
The inspiration for this hypothetical project derives from noticing that the
O-ring kit for Audi CIS injectors also was spec'd for a whole long list of
true EFI vehicles as well - meaning that one of these EFI injectors (to be
selected) should plug right in to the Audi ports...?   I'd need to make a
fuel rail,  adapt a TPI and some sort of air flow measurement hardware, plus
adapt the Audi temp sensors to the new ECU, also to be selected per
suggestions.

Thanks in advance,
Ernie B.