[Diy_efi] off topic: '99 Caddilac ElDorado - Wiper issue

Lee M. Lemoine llemoine
Fri Nov 4 13:04:29 UTC 2005

Hey guys,
 A friend of mine has a '99 Caddilac ElDorado Coupe, with an interesting
problem. All of a sudden, all of his wiper functions, as well as cruise
control have stopped functioning. This appears to be a problem with this
individual stalk, however, the high beam / directional portion (in other
words, the column mounted portion of the switch) work fine. I was able to
find the access panel, which reveals a small square connector with four
wires. I have no idea what the functions are, but the functions controlled
are:
 Wiper off / Hi /Lo (10 position intermittent)
Wiper Washer fluid control
Cruise Control (set/accel / cruise/decel / off)
 My guess is this is resistor coded technology, however, i have nothing to
reference. From what i'm told this is an old design chassis, and the colum
looks to be one of the 'original' 80's gm designed columns, with the clunky
old flasher switch underneath the right hand side... and that damn clunky
feeling directional lever that makes you think your going to snap the stalk
off when you use it...
 Any idea how to test this ? If not, any idea how to remove that portion of
the stalk from the actual switch assembly?
 --Lee

--
Sincerely,

Lee M. Lemoine