[Diy_efi] Audi EFI conversion?

Bill Shaw b.shaw
Fri Nov 4 13:34:45 UTC 2005

> Bill, that was quite a thread on the Ferrari chat re MegaSquirt, did anybody
> ever try it?

I don't know of anyone that tried Megasuirt on a Ferrari.  They seem to be
at opposite ends of the spectrum,  cheap engine controller and expensive
exotic cars.  I've seen Motec and other top $ controllers on Ferraris but
not MS.  Doesn't mean it hasn't happened,  I just haven't seen it.

> Same problem of long CIS injector reach on the Audi, so you've
> given me something to look into, for sure.  Nice that the Audi manifolds are
> threaded for a brass insert into which the CIS injectors are pressed.

Yes,  same threaded inserts in my recently departed '81 928 and the k-jet
Ferrari V8s.

I don't know what the Audi intake looks like,  but I was looking at the 308
intake runners when I had them off a while ago,  thinking about upgrading
from k-jet so I could add some boost.  I haven't done a detailed analysis
yet,  but I was thinking that I might be able to fill the existing injector
hole and machine a flat and a bung down lower on the runner to accept a
newer GM style injector,  like on my Z28 LT1.

Bill