[Diy_efi] Audi EFI conversion?

Torbjörn Forsman torbjorn.forsman
Fri Nov 4 18:26:42 UTC 2005

The K-jetronic systems of Audi normally work very well and reliably.
In case of more recent ones, labeled KE-jetronic, there is an ECU that
controls the fuel flow via an electromagnetic valve (usually called EHA,
electrohydraulic actuator) in the fuel distributor. This ECU may be
either an analog one (similar to the Bosch LE and LU-jetronic systems,
built with a bunch of quad op amps and possibly a hybrid circuit for the
lambda integrator) or a microprocessor based one, with typically an
Intel 8051 or 80535 CPU. In some cases, the same ECU also controls the
ignition timing and then the system is labeled KE-motronic.

I think it would be wasted work to replace the K (or KE) system with an
all-electronic one. It is much more fun to learn tweaking the K-jetronic
system for one's own needs!

Similar systems are used on many other european cars from the 80's, for
example Saab, Volvo, Volkswagen, european Ford, Mercedes, Porsche.

/Torbj?rn Forsman