[Diy_efi] CS Failure

Clayton Martiniuk wildwood
Sun Nov 27 00:40:40 UTC 2005

Hello, I have an 1994 Chevy 350 that Keeps eating alternators for some reason. They seem to work for about two days and then shit out. I have a cs series alternator powered with one exciter/indicator wire at the F terminal. Looking at the indicator bulb, I'll start the truck, the light will go off for a while but turn back on intermittently. I heard that these years of trucks seem to have a problem. Some say to ground the back of the case to the batt but I dont see how on mine. I am probably close to duty cycle but no major power drains. It gets very cold here around -20 to -50. I am running an electric fuel pump. I am running an red top optima with 800 cca. Does this Battery require special needs? Is the answer an larger amperage generator or am I doing something wrong?
I am sick of buying alternators and no one can seem to figure out whats happening.
                                                Thank you for your time
                                Clayton Martiniuk