[Diy_efi] Switched High Voltage Drop?

Becker, Damon Damon damonb
Tue Nov 29 04:41:09 UTC 2005

It's now my turn for an electrical question.

I have an MR2 Turbo that has TERRIBLE drivability.  It's my buddy's, and
I can't figure it out.  One thing I noticed is it has a 1.6 volt
difference between battery voltage and ECU voltage.  It's not a ground
issue, there's less than 0.1 volts drop from ECU ground to battery
negative terminal.  It's pretty much all in the switched high bus, which
has been tapped to death, but is still fused with stock-sized fuses.

My big question is this:  The drivability issues happened on the road
one day, and no electrical modifications were made for months prior to
this happening.

Could this voltage drop be the culprit?

Thanks in advance for your help.  I'm completely flabergasted.

Damon