[Diy_efi] mounting a GM tbi 'horizontal' versus 'vertical'

Lee M. Lemoine llemoine
Tue Oct 4 22:25:36 UTC 2005

I'd imagine idle will be a little rougher, as most of the time on TBI
vehicles at idle you can basically see the droplets of water drip onto the
throttle plate.. (least i could on my dodge aries!)

Why not make an elbow and mount the TB in the vertical position, so that you
don't have to be concerned with fuel dripping out of the intake plenum...
I'm not sure, but from what i remember of my dodge, there was quite a bit of
fuel spatter with the air intake assembly off... not sure the vaccum through
the idle control passage will be enough to contain all that.

--LL

On 9/29/05, Dan Sawyer <dansawyer at earthlink.net> wrote:

> All,
>
> I would like to mount a GM tbi on an MGB. The intake manifold is
> horizontal instead of vertical. Is it possible to mount a GM tbi rotated
> 90 degrees? What are the impacts of doing so?
>
> Thanks,
> Dan

Sincerely,

Lee M. Lemoine