Fw: Fw: [Diy_efi] More Analog diagnosis

Lee M. Lemoine llemoine
Thu Oct 13 04:15:06 UTC 2005

It'll indicate if your getting a pulse for sure, i think really your saying
it kind of 'wimpers' out sounds like the driver transistor overheating. I
never really played with that stuff in the fuel injector sense, however,
thats what happens with amateur radio equipment when the finals get
overdriven -- the output weakens and distorts til it shuts off (or burns
up)...

This also does sound typical of the primer pulse, which would be several
small pulses... (depending upon what kind of primer charge was needed to
fire the motor) however, if you've got access to an oscilioscope, that'd
reveal your answers for sure.

--LL