[Diy_efi] Any older Audi guys here?

Adam Wade espresso_doppio
Wed Oct 26 21:32:41 UTC 2005

--- Ernest Buckler <ebuckler at icehouse.net> wrote:

> Just checking in, mostly lurking while deciding what
> EFI to build for my old Turbo Hondas.. but have a
> problem testing the injectors on my 89 Audi 200
> with the old CIS K-Jetronic system, anybody up on
> these things?  Apologies if this is too far
> off-subject, hoping someone will have a checkered
> past  with Audi in it...  [:oj

IIRC, they are just orifices with a built-in check
valve (ball bearing and spring). Connecting them to a
source of fuel pressure, you can observe spray pattern
abd volume delivered over time.  They should all flow
about the same and have a clean, even spray pattern,
just like electronic injectors should.  Clean them by
soaking them in a carb dip tank, or using an
ultrasonic cleaner with proper cleaning media.

What is the problem you're having, and why do you
think it is the injectors?  Or are you just doing
routine maintenance and want to add "clean injectors"
to the tune-up?

| Honda GL500 Interstate (Slug)    Kawasaki Zephyr 550 (Daphne) |
| M/C Fuel Inj. Hndbk. @ Amazon.com -  http://tinyurl.com/6o3ze |