[Diy_efi] differences between Vette MEMCALs?

John Gross jogross3
Wed Oct 26 22:58:04 UTC 2005

Not sure what changes were made from iron heads to aluminum heads, but the
cold start tables are very different beginning with '89, when the cold start
injector was eliminated.

-----Original Message-----
From: diy_efi-bounces at diy-efi.org [mailto:diy_efi-bounces at diy-efi.org] On
Behalf Of Rich Rubel
Sent: Wednesday, October 26, 2005 5:44 PM
To: diy_efi at diy-efi.org
Subject: [Diy_efi] differences between Vette MEMCALs?

Anyone out there know what the differences are between the MEMCALs for
a GM x165 ECU (86-89 TPI) for a Corvette with cast-iron heads vs one
with aluminum heads, all else being the same?  I know there are some
differences, but not sure what.  FWIW, it's a $32 binary.

Also, does anyone know a good reference for what the flags mean in this
ECU?  I'm comparing BIN files using Tuner Pro and while some of the
flags are fairly obvious (VATS, for example) others are not (CpCL?
ODSL?).

Thanks.
[RICHR]