[Diy_efi] Timing

Bret Levandowski skishop69
Wed Sep 28 17:44:51 UTC 2005

My question is in regards to the static, vacuum and mechanical advance compnents of the timing table. How do you know when you have the right amount of each without using a dyno?
I have an Excel program to calculate the addition of all three components to one table but I'm not sure how to figure static and mechanical. My problem is that when I stomp on the pedal at almost any RPM I get knock for 4 -5 secs. I ASSUME that I need to reduce the vacuum component of the table.  Thanks, Ski

Yahoo! for Good