[Diy_efi] BPW vs VE tables

Bret Levandowski skishop69
Thu Sep 8 03:29:46 UTC 2005

I wanted to be clear on what I understand about BPW in relation to the VE tables on GM TBI. As I understand it, you add VE1 to VE2 for your total VE. Combining the tables, you can't have a total over 100 in any part of the map. If the total is over 100, then the BPW is too low and should be raised. I just pocket ported my heads, changed cam, rocker ratio and headers, and I wasn't even done tuning the first set-up. A not-so-smart move for a novice programmer. I also know this will change my spark table. Compression is around 9.9:1 now. Somebody set me straight.

     Thanks,  Ski