[Diy_efi] AIR fitting and A/C (off topic)

sc7500 sc7500
Sun Sep 11 23:19:36 UTC 2005

 > The V5 compressor is a variable displacement, pressure-compensated unit.

>It has a swashplate that moves and changes the stroke length the pistons
>travel for each revolution of the compressor shaft.  It has a compensating
>element that senses the low side pressure and varies the swashplate angle to
>maintain 28 to 32 PSI evaporator pressure.  It works better, is quieter and
>vibrates less than an R4.

Hello David;

In order to make my wrecking yard search easier, could you tell me what
vehicle this compressor is generally installed on ?

I have to dissect my '88 Chevy C3500 dually and R&R a locked-up R4
compressor - this sounds like exactly what needs to replace it !

TIA
--
Bruce T. Corneto
[The Mad Coater]