[Diy_efi] AIR fitting and A/C (off topic)

Steve Ravet Steve.Ravet
Mon Sep 12 02:54:06 UTC 2005

> In order to make my wrecking yard search easier, could you
> tell me what
> vehicle this compressor is generally installed on ?
>
> I have to dissect my '88 Chevy C3500 dually and R&R a locked-up R4
> compressor - this sounds like exactly what needs to replace it !

Bruce, do a google search for v5 compressor and you'll find the info.
Looks like most GM V6 and L4 FWD cars used them from the late 80's on
up.  There's also a v7 compressor used in V8 applications from 2001 up.
aircoparts.com has an application chart.  There is also info at
delphi.com

v7 is 10-179 cc displacement, which compares to the R4 at 163 cc.  I
couldn't find displacement for the v5.  While searching it seems like
these come in a variety of mounting styles.  Thanks for the detailed
info, David, I'm going to look for one of these next time I'm out.

--steve