[Diy_efi] VTEC solenoid driving, dual throttle butterflies in individual throttle bodies

gl73 at excite.com gl73
Wed Sep 21 17:58:08 UTC 2005

 Hello.  I work with a bunch of Hondas so, here's what I would do.  The VTEC solenoid is binary, on or off.  There is no need for PWM control unless you are working with the newer K motors.  You can use the pwm output for idle control.  As for the TBs, use what you've got, but there is no need for the dual set.  I've used the GSXR 750 tbs on the factoru ecu without any problem. In fact, I suggest using a stock reprogrammed ecu for your project, since the wiring and set-up is already done.  You can tune everything on the stock OBD0-OBDI ecus to accomodate any engine configuration. HTH--- On Wed 09/21, < glogovacs at yahoo.co.uk > wrote:From: [mailto: glogovacs at yahoo.co.uk]To: diy_efi at diy-efi.orgDate: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 19:19:48 +0200Subject: [Diy_efi] VTEC solenoid driving, dual throttle butterflies in individual throttle bodiesHello,I would like to install Weber Marelli IAWinjection/ignition control ECU on friend's 1.6 VTEC DOHCengine (used exclusively in racing). The
project is in itsearly stage, which could have been titled: discussingpossibilities.Now, there is a question how to control VTEC solenoid. Ihave a few drivers available from IAW, one can do PWMcontrol, the others are basically binary (but can be drivenfrom firmware to do what is neccessary). I am interestedhow could I use these?On the intake side we are thinking of using Suzuki GSXR1000 throttle bodies. A question that arrises here iswhether or not to use the model with dual butterflies,anyone having expirience with this?All the best,Nick
_______________________________________________Diy_efi mailing listDiy_efi at diy-efi.orghttp://lists.diy-efi.org/mailman/listinfo/diy_efi

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com